Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sausage??

So I am very confused by Pork Sausage vs. chicken Sausage vs. Turkey Sausage!! I am finding that the calorie difference is not what you would expect! I went to the store today planning on buying a thing of chicken or turkey sausage and the chicken sausage had more calories and the same amount of fat as regular pork sausage. Does not make any sense to me! I am making an Italian sausage soup for dinner that has only 285 calories a serving. However I only added 2 sausage links instead of the 6 it called for.I never made this before so I hope it turns out good! :-)

2 comments:

  1. i'm pretty sure chicken sausage is just a different flavor. but the turkey sausage should have been wayyyy better (calorie and fat wise)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, It's weird because all these healthy recipes I find say to get chicken instead of pork sausage. If I have a recipe that calls for the sausage chopped up I am going to stick with Pork just less of it because I really don't like the flavor of turkey sausage!

    ReplyDelete