Monday, October 24, 2011

To Eat... or Not to Eat

So I am not following any particular crash diet of sorts. I am not a big fan of diets. I have done lots of diets and they only work short term. Like I said before I am trying to live a healthy lifestyle, not a temporary one!! So here is my plan:
-Eat 1200-1300 calories a day
-Swap any white carbs for brown carbs. Ex.- brown rice, whole grain breads, Wheat pasta, etc.
-Eat 3 small meals and 2-3 snacks a day. I am going to keep fruit, yogurt, and snackable veggies on hand for snacks.
-I am going to keep some 100 calorie desserts for my 4th meal on hand. I am terrible about being hungry late at night so if I have to I'd rather have something planned then have my hubby talk me into letting him go get us junk food! He's good at that!

This may sound easy but let me tell you it is not!! I have a 2 year old that needs healthy food that he will actually eat! Including the good fats! So I will have to buy 2% milk for him and non fat for me! Regular cheese for him and low fat or fat free for me. And of course he is a stubborn and picky child so every meal is a battle! I also have a husband who needs very filling meals and wants leftovers for work the next day! I tried making a meal plan and grocery list for this week and after about an hour later I am still not happy with it!

I will be using Live Strongs website to track my calories and hopefully stay on track starting tomorrow! Wish me luck...

7 comments:

  1. you should be having the husband do this with you! the support would make it so much easier for you!! and its not like he couldnt use it ;)
    either way, this seems like a really good plan that shouldnt be sooo hard to stick to....you can do it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied to this but for some reason it's not showing! I'll try again!
    I said that Jeremy is changing his eating habits with me but he needs more filling meals than I do and maybe I'll post his weight loss as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you probably saw this, but just incase...
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-best-snacks-under-100-calories-2581899/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I did! I actually love the idea of wrapping the turkey around those crispy breadsticks! I use to do the turkey cheese wrap but without any carb included I felt nauseous afterwards. I may need to find me some of those breadstick things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet trader joes would have a really good version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/best-pretzels?slideshow=186108#sharetagsfocus

    ReplyDelete
  7. some of these looked really good, so thought i'd share
    http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/549283-20-best-on-the-go-lunches/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=112911#slide-1

    ReplyDelete